This is a sample from Tiny Marketing Wins. Subscribe to get 4 free tactics!
New rule: don’t get too excited about an idea until you’ve been able to get at least 100 people to sign up for a waiting list.
How to test your business idea:
- Sign up for ConvertKit
- Use their landing page feature
- Identify: who is this for? What are they struggling with? How are you going to help them
- Make the main call to action: “Sign up for my waiting list”
- Drive traffic to the page, and see who signs up
What to ask people who sign up:
- Why did you sign up? Why are you interested in the project?
- What have you already tried? What was your experience?
- What will you be using [this product] for?
How to get traffic for a launch list:
- Start by announcing it on your personal social accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, etc…
- Start with BetaList. It was built for this!
- Next go and try to find people on communities like Quora and Reddit.
- Finally, find competitors already in the space, and see how they’re getting traffic. Go to Twitter and search for their URL and see what comes up.
Tiny Marketing Wins
Get a small, actionable marketing tactic every week!